Research Experience for Undergraduates
Summer Research at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York
The REU 2014 application will be available on December 16, 2013.
2014 REU dates: Monday, June 2 – Friday, August 8
The Cornell Center for Materials Research is offering a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in 2014. Students will have the opportunity to work directly with faculty on interdisciplinary materials research projects involving chemistry, physics, materials science, and engineering disciplines. Students will also participate in an organized program of lectures, mini-courses (e.g., electronics, microscopy), laboratory visits and a variety of recreational activities.
The 10-week program takes place on Cornell’s Ithaca campus and includes: a stipend valued at $4,000; housing in a Cornell University dorm; and additional travel funds for non-CU students.
- REU is open to current undergraduates who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Selection is based on academic standing and faculty recommendations.
- Minority and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All chemistry, physics, and engineering majors are welcome to apply.
- Housing is provided; meals are not included.
Support for the REU program is provided by the NSF MRSEC program (DMR-1120296) and the REU Site program (DMR-1063059).
Please note: the REU application is hosted on a third-party site. Emails generated from ccmr-reu.net are linked to the CCMR REU program and should not be considered spam.