Research Experience for Undergraduates
Summer Research at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York
REU Application Period is closed for 2013
Thank you for your interest in the 2013 CCMR REU program. The selection process is complete, and applicants have been notified of their acceptance.
2013 Program: Monday, June 3th – Friday, August 9th
The Cornell Center for Materials Research is offering a Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) in 2013. Students will have the opportunity to work directly with faculty on interdisciplinary materials research projects involving chemistry, physics, materials science, and engineering disciplines. Students will also participate in an organized program of lectures, mini-courses (e.g., electronics, microscopy), laboratory visits and a variety of recreational activities.
The 10-week program takes place on Cornell’s Ithaca campus and includes a stipend valued at $4,000, housing in a Cornell University dorm, and additional travel funds for non-CU students.
- REU is open to Fall 2013 undergraduates who are U.S. Citizens or permanent residents.
- Selection is based on academic standing and faculty recommendations.
- Minority and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All chemistry, physics, and engineering majors are welcome to apply.
- Program stipend covers housing but does NOT cover food.