Welcome to the CCMR Shared Facilities
|COVID-19 Specific Information:
The CCMR Facilities are now open with limitations due to COVID-19. Updates will be posted here.
Facility users are expected to:
- Complete the EH&S Return to Campus online training. Directions here.
- Quarantine for 14 days if traveling from a ‘restricted state.’ If coming from a NYS region of similar phased restart, no quarantine is necessary.
- Perform approved research only and to adhere to the reactivation plan of their research group. External industry or academic users must submit a COVID-19 external user agreement form.
- Request initial instrument time or service through this Google form.
- Complete the daily health procedure prior to arriving on campus each day, and adhere to all University policies.
- Protective eye-wear with side shields is recommended but not required in low-risk areas with no chemicals present.
- Bring their own cloth mask (no relief valves) to be worn at all times in facility rooms.
Important facility policies (at this time):
- Very limited in-person trainings or in-person assistance. Any trainings which can be completed with brief in-room interactions will be indicated as such in FOM. Staff will be as creative as possible with remote assistance, but some things will not be possible.
- Effective July 1, 2020, there will be staff labor charges for remote training, service work, and extensive assistance provided by CCMR staff.
- No consuming of food or drink in any shared facility space.
- Users are expected to disinfect instrument areas before use. Staff will provide instructions.
- Occupancy limits of rooms will be posted and strictly enforced.
- Instruments may only be used by the person for whom reserved in FOM. Instances requiring deviations from this must be approved by staff before the reservation time slot.
- For the safety of our students, staff and families, and the broader community, we expect full compliance with these policies. There will be zero-tolerance for violations or unfamiliarity of these policies, resulting in loss of facility privileges.
CCMR COVID19 User Agreement
See https://www.cornell.edu/coronavirus/ for the latest University information.
The CCMR Shared Facilities offers world-class materials analysis and processing equipment overseen by expert instrument managers. To see our instrumentation pages, please click on any of the User Instrument categories in the sidebar or use the search field in the top right of the window to look for a particular instrument or technique.
It’s very easy to become a facility user and instrument operator. See ‘Becoming a CCMR Facility User’ in the sidebar.
If there is any capability you are not finding here, please visit the Materials Research Facilities Network which includes shared resources at similar research centers.
Feel free to ask questions or provide feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to our Qualtrics online survey where feedback is anonymous.
Bruker Hyperion FT-IR Microscope
TA Instruments DHR3 Rheometer
JAI LC9110 NEXT Recycling Preparative HPLC/GPC
Langmuir Blodgett Trough for monolayer film deposition
Renishaw InVia Confocal Raman Microscope & 3D Mapping Image